Main Muscles: Gluteus Medius, Gluteus Maximus, Hamstrings
– Hold the KB in a racked position
– Keep your chest high, back straight and core tight
– While keeping your shoulders as square as possible, twist your hips to perform a “curtsy” movement
– Give your back knee plenty of room to bend under the front
– Tap your knee to the floor with resting and push through the heel to drive yourself upwards
A variation of the standard superman…
… the superman press will kick those stubborn postural muscles into action!
You should be able to feel the kinetic chain working from your gluteus all the way up to your trapezius muscles. Be sure that your thumbs are facing upwards and that you are lifting everything off of the floor – chest, arms, thighs, everything! Use this exercise along with others that will strengthen your upper back/rear shoulders in order to correct issues like kyphosis, lordosis and a poor posture.