by Tay Gabbidon | Mar 31, 2020 | Blog, Exercises, Exercises - Back, Exercises - Shoulders
SKYDIVERS: EXERCISE FOR POSTURE
The skydiver is a great exercise for posture that will engage the lats, upper back, and muscles that maintain the integrity of shape in the spinal column.
Targeted Muscles: Posterior Postural Group
- Lay face down on the floor with your arms by your sides and palms facing the ceiling
- Lift your chest off the floor, arching your back as much as possible
- Bring your hands up, drive them upwards and squeeze your shoulder blades together
- Release and repeat
- Use full range of motion
by Tay Gabbidon | Mar 31, 2020 | Blog, Exercises, Exercises - Legs, Exercises - Unique
BALLISTIC JUMP SQUATS
Use ballistic jump squats to build explosive power in the lower body, or as a bootybuilding technique to build amazing glutes! 👌🏾😉
- Gluteus Maximus
- Keep your chest high, back straight & core tight
- Feet should be just outside of shoulder width
- Squat ass-to-the-grass, bounce a quarter of a repetition three times, jumping as high as you can on the third
- Use full power on each jump squat
- Land softly
Learn about the benefits of jump squats here: https://www.yourworkoutbook.com/squat-jumps/
Try this variation!: https://immortal-training.com/box-jumps/
by Tay Gabbidon | Mar 30, 2020 | Blog, Exercises, Science, Videos
WHAT IS AN OVERHEAD SQUAT TEST?
The overhead squat test is a simple way to assess your overall function ability and biomechanics. It will give us general understanding of how the kinetic chain of energy works throughout the body.
WHAT DO I NEED?
HOW DO I PERFORM AN OVERHEAD SQUAT?
Watch the video below for detailed instructions of how to perform the movement.
- Keep your back straight, chest high and core tight
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart
- Take a wide grip (outside shoulder width) and hold the stick directly above your head
- Squat ass-to-the-grass (if possible) using full range of motion
- Keep your feet flat and drive yourself upwards by pushing through the heels