Main Muscles: Gluteus Medius, Gluteus Maximus, Hamstrings
– Hold the KB in a racked position
– Keep your chest high, back straight and core tight
– While keeping your shoulders as square as possible, twist your hips to perform a “curtsy” movement
– Give your back knee plenty of room to bend under the front
– Tap your knee to the floor with resting and push through the heel to drive yourself upwards
A variation of the traditional Hip Thrusters with a barbell, Cable Hip Thrusters keep the gluteus muscles under tension during the entire movement. Some people have a tendency to pull with the arms, but in order to perform properly, your arms should remain stiff while your hips thrust through your forearms.
Main Muscles Worked: