Calf raises are the best way to tone and develop the lower half of your legs. I recommend starting with bodyweight before progressing your calf raises on to the dipping belt.
Muscles Targeted: Calves
– The edge of the box should be in the arches of your feet to prevent you from pushing through the toes
– Bend over, keep your bottom up and back arched
– Hold the bench only to balance
– Begin with your heels touching the floor, or as close to it as possible
– Stand on your tippy toes without rocking yourself forward
– Keep your ass further back than your heels at all times
– Use full range of motion
You can take a look around your local gym to see that calves are some of the most neglected muscles. These single leg calf raises will help you sort out those chicken legs!
Targeted Muscles: Calves
– Maintain a perfect posture with chest high and shoulders back
– Hold the cable in the hand that is on the same side as the working leg and keep the elbow locked
– The edge of the box should be in the arch of your foot to prevent you from pushing through the toes
– Stretch the muscle as much as possible and then stand on your tippy toe using full range of motion
– Train both sides evenly