SUPPLEMENT STACK REVIEW
All natural, no steroids! No illegal products!
My stack for August consists of Alchemy by Hydrapharm, ZMA by Hydrapharm, Predator Whey, Predator BCAAs and chromium. This video explains why I chose these supps and what I intend to achieve.
Next couple of vids will have my body weight and bodyfat measurements and also info about my diet.
Keep it locked! Please like and subscribe for more content!
Leucine is one of the three branches chained amino acids. It is by far the most important of all amino acids.
1) Activates a major process in mTOR which is the amino acid sensor of the cells. This increases protein synthesis in the muscles. Without leucine present there is no protein synthesis therefore no growth.
2) Increases high density cholesterol (“good” cholesterol) and decreases low density cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol). 3) Because it is easily converted into glucose, leucine helps regulate blood-sugar levels. Great for diabetics or those at high risk for Type 2 Diabetes.
3) Increases muscle recovery rate.
4) Can increase fat loss by keeping blood-sugar levels in check.
But, be careful. Too much leucine can be bad for you. Excessive use can cause pellagra – deficiency in niacin – which may cause dermatitis, diarrhoea and mental disorders. It can also disrupt the functioning of the kidneys and liver. Leucine is hard to come by in food, so you don’t need too much. A great food source is lentils. If you are taking supps don’t exceed the recommended dosage and if you are taking BCAAs it’s probably not a good idea to stack leucine as well as it will be included in the BCAAs. Leucine should also be taken with valine and isoleucine (2 mg of leucine and valine per 1 mg of isoleucine), but again all BCAAs supps should already have these included with the correct ratio.
L-Glutamine is the most common amino acid. It makes up over 60% of skeletal muscle. It is also the primary supporter of nitrogen to the muscles and we all know how important nitrogen is for muscular development.
– Increases protein metabolism, cell volumization and is anti-catabolic.
– Increases protein synthesis. This means more protein into the muscle resulting in more muscle.
– Increases Human Growth Hormone. Taking just 2g per day can increase Growth Hormone by 400%!
– Increases absorption of nutrients. If you are a hard gainer it is most likely that you suffer from a very common condition called Leaky Gut Syndrome. This is because your intestine wall needs glutamine!
Follow these dosage guidelines to get rid of the problem:
10g x 8 servings per day, for 5 days, mixed with water. 10g x 1 serving per day thereafter. If your stomach feels funny in the first 5 days don’t worry – the glutamine is doing it’s job! – Boosts immune system. – Cures ulcers! That’s right! Research shows that supplementing just 1.6g of glutamine per day has a 92% ulcer cure rate!