This is an intermediate level exercise that is great for core stability. The example in the video is done with a kettle bell, but realistically you can also use a dumbbell, powerbag, or something similar.
Main Muscles: Core
– Keep your back straight, hips up and core tight throughout the set
– Begin with the KB on the outside of your left shoulder
– Reach across your chest with the right arm and pull the KB across your body to the outside of your right shoulder
– Use your hands and feet to walk sideways until the KB is once again outside of your left shoulder and repeat
One of the most commonly used triceps exercises in just about every gym in the world (not without good reason), skull crushers will tone and/or add mass to your arms. I recommend working within 6 to 12 reps for size, or 12+ reps for toning, but don’t expect to burn fat from the back of your arms by doing triceps exercises. It doesn’t work like that, unfortunately. Weight loss is done through maintaining a healthy diet!
Main Muscles: Triceps (long head)
– Hold the bar with hands shoulders width apart and palms facing away from your body
– Using a slow, controlled movement, lower the bar to your forehead while bending only at the elbows
–Squeeze hard on triceps as your extend your arms
– Keep your back relatively flat against the back throughout