I’ve tweaked this classic dumbbell row to accommodate more resistance for home training routines. I’m not saying that I’m first to think of it, but I’m definitely the coolest, 😀
WHO SHOULD USE THIS EXERCISE?
Anyone can use this exercise at any level of your fitness journey. As I mentioned, it is great for home training, but there is no reason why I can’t also be used in the gum.
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Read Deltoids
For this rowing exercise you should use a weight that is about 20% lighter than your usual. The resistance band will create a resistance double whammy – forcing you to fight against more than just gravity.
Main Muscles: Latissimus Dorsi, Rear Deltoids, Biceps
– Attach the resistance band to a stable apparatus, such as a squat rack or cable machine
– Keep your chest high, ass out and back straight
– Wrap the band around the handle of the dumbbell and keep ahold of it with your hand while rowing
– Row towards your waist
– Use full range of motion
Standing on one leg, using one arm, this bent over row works well when combining back and core days.
Main Muscles: Latissimus Dorsi, Rear Deltoids, Inner Core, Biceps
- Keep your chest up, back straight & core tight
- Keep your upper body as parallel with the floor as you possibly can
- Row towards your waist
- Train both sides evenly