Add shoulder mass to your physique with the Kettle Bell Cuban Press. Guaranteed to fatigue all of the shoulder muscles at once, Cuban presses can get you dramatic results in a short space of time. I highly recommend adding these to your routine if you are looking to increase your personal best for the clean and press. The motion is very similar, so working from a seated position will improve the ability of your upper body to clean and press with good strength and technique. Keep your reps in the 5-10 range to increase mass and 10+ for toning.
Main Muscles: Trapezius (Upper), Deltoids, Rhomboids
Keep your back straight, chest high & core tight
Take a pronated grip (palms down) and drive your elbows up towards the ceiling in an explosive manner
Get your elbows up and under the kettle bells as quickly as possible so that you can catch them on the outside of your biceps
How to perform cleans… Pound for pound, cleans are one of the most effective exercises for building full body strength. If you are looking to maximise the amount of body fat burnt per repetition then this movement is also for you. You can also add the overhead press (using legs to assist) to up the ante, and you will burn even more fat and build more strength.
Executing cleans is 90% technique and 10% actual strength. The more sound your mastery of the intricate parts of this movement then more weight you will be able to lift.
Main Muscles: Full Body
– Grab the bar outside of shoulder width with your feet just inside and toes slightly turned outwards
– Keep your ass out, lower back concaved and core tight
– Drive your feet through the floor and thrust your hips forward in an explosive manner
– Get your elbows up and under the bar as quickly as possible while bending your knees to drop down yourself underneath the bar
– Avoid leaning backwards in order to protect your lower back (push your bum out and keep your heels flat so that your glutes take the load)