– Finding an experienced trainer to teach you how to clean and press safely and properly would be the first point.
– Keep back straight and core tight.
– Explode from the legs while driving the elbow on the working arm towards the ceiling with the hand and KB underneath.
– As your posture becomes erect the movement should become more controlled as you flip the KB around the side (not over the top) of your wrist, so that it lands softly against the outside of your biceps (be sure to keep your arm snug against your chest at this point).
– Explode from the legs up into your shoulder in order to drive the KB overhead.
Tay Gabbidon – Personal Trainer & Nutritional Therapist – Oxford, England – www.immortal-training.com