Doing squats with a resistance band engages the muscles differently than with weights in the sense that the band produces more resistance as it continues stretch. With weights, such as dumbbells and barbells, the resistance remains the same throughout the repetition because you only have to work against gravity.
Targeted Muscles: Gluteus Maximus, Hamstrings. Quadriceps
- Keep your back arched, feet flat and core tight
- Stand on the band so that it is under both of your heels
- Hold the band overhead with a wide grip – outside of shoulder width
- Squat ass-to-the-grass using full range of motion
- Drive your heels through the floor to ascend