This is one of the more advanced core exercises for building explosive strength. If you’re capable, but are not doing overhead sit-ups on a regular basis for some reason then you are missing out on some big gains!
WHO SHOULD USE THIS EXERCISE?
Recommended for intermediate to advanced gym goers. It might be a good idea to start with Single Arm Overhead KB Sit-ups if you have not yet built up enough strength to use band with both arms: https://immortal-training.com/single-arm-overhead-kb-sit-up/
WHICH MUSCLES DOES THIS EXERCISE TARGET?
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
WHAT ARE THE KEY POINTS?
- Attach the band to a stable apparatus
- Lay flat on your back, knees bent, with your feet on the floor
- Hold the band with both hands, extend your arms towards the ceiling and keep the elbows locked
- Explode upwards whilst driving your lower back into the ground
- Your arms should be above your head when you are completely sat up
- Lower yourself back down slowly and repeat