This is a cool lil’ hack for goblet squats! If you’re training at home with minimal equipment and find it difficult to increase your resistance when squatting, then here’s a nifty way around it.
WHO SHOULD USE THIS EXERCISE?
If you’ve been training for at least a few months at least and have advance past the functional stage, then this is for you.
- Gluteus Maximus
- Loop the band around your feet, so that you are standing on it
- The dumbbell should be under both straps of the resistance band
- Squat down, and twist the dumbbell into a goblet position in front of your chest, in order to get into the starting position
- Keep your chest high, back straight & core tight
- Squat ass-to-the-grass, using full range of motion
- Drive your heels through the floor when ascending